Saturday, May 1, 2010

Vision Faire

Today my mom and I went to a vision fair in Camarillo. It was fun to see my vision specialist and my mobility instructor. It was also nice to see some other boys and girls who have vision impairments like I do. First we went to the Guide dogs for the Blind booth and I got to see a demonstration on how to give a guide dog commands. I got to use the harness and say the commands for the dog to turn right or left. Then we went to a seminar presented by a doctor who specializes in making the most of your vision. Then I got to hear my friend Seneca, who also has a vision impairment play the piano. After that we checked out some of the technology they had displayed that was for sale. My favorite part of the day was when I got to see the guide dogs. It was a lot of fun and we learned about some new resources.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Did you put your name on the waiting list for a dog?? Got to start working on your dad on that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad didn´t told me anything about your seminare! It looks like you had so much new things to learn about :)
    You can put your name on an waiting list and get one? that´s awsome!

    ReplyDelete