Thursday, April 15, 2010
Battle of the Books
Hi everybody I just wanted to let you all know I will be competing tomorrow for Anacapa Middle School. Battle of the Books is a group that the librarian started at the beginning of the school year. we get a list of thirty books and we have to read as many books as we can on the list. Then at the end of the year we have to go to a different middle school and we get mixed up randomly in groups. We have to name our group and we make our team flag. After that we go in to a classroom and the judges asks us a question from any of the thirty books on the list. We get extra points for naming the author as well. After that the top two top ranking teams battle it out in the auditorium were everyone goes and watches. The winning team gets to be in the newspaper and receives gift cards from bookstores. This year I have read a total of seventeen books out of the thirty, I read the most books. So tomorrow I will be competing and as soon as I come back from the competition I will be posting about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! It´s been just a few days since you started this blog and already you have so many posts!! I think I will have to check it every day! ;)
ReplyDeleteReally interesting this battle tomorrow, I bet you had so much fun reading all those seventeen books!!
Best of lucks on your battle tomorrow, I´m sure you will do great! and also have so much fun!!
Big kiss for you :)
May.
ohh!! I didn´t realize this post was on Thursday! so you had the battle on Friday!
ReplyDeleteI want to know about it!!