Sunday, April 18, 2010

Battle of the Books results

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't been posting lately, I was really busy. Anyway, on Friday, I participated in of Battle of the Books competition. I had so much fun! First we got to listen to a guest author talk about his life as a writer. Then we went into the cafeteria and we got divided into teams. We made our team banners and gave ourselves a team name. My team was called the Extreme Team. At the end of nine rounds we earned 240 points but we weren't the top 3 teams. I still think we did pretty good and I am so proud of my team. One girl from my school was on the winning team and two other students were on the second place team. I had so much fun and I wish there was a Battle of the Books in high school, but unfortunately there isn't. Just wanted to let everyone know that it was a great day and a great experience.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating the blog. You really don't want to leave your followers hanging!;)
    Congratulations, you have a lot to be proud of!
    Tia Beca
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Extreme Girl! It was a really nice day!
    Congratulations for those 240 points! it seems like a very good job!
    And don´t worry, I´m sure in high school you´ll have lots of other fun things to do ;)
    Love you!
    May.

    ReplyDelete